Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Speak - First Quarter Response

Compare/Contrast :


I have so far seen many things inside the text that have me thinking of my life. So far I've been constantly hearing about how she feels so alone, isolated and has terrible parental communication problems. The story of my friend's life right there, she can relate so much to Melinda its sad. Obviously her troubles aren't on the same page as Melinda's because what my friend's going through is no where near as bad as Melinda has it. To be raped by someone that you have to see throughout the school year is just terrible. My friend's problems just basically consist of parental issues, motivational issues and the inability to feel anything but pain or numbness. Although she did have to say she felt a ray of sunshine penetrate her deep and deathly black hole of a heart in the beginning of October. For about three days she felt like she could fly or that this school year wasn't going to be as bad as the last. HAHAHAHA, boy was she sooooo freaking wrong. As soon as mid-terms came out she felt like the giant shark from Jaws had jumped out of the water and ate her. She was Melinda again, sitting at the dinner table with my fuming mother and just wishing she had the guts or the numbness to just walk away. Melinda did and she sort of envies that, not feeling anything when your mother is screaming at you would just be terrific. Well at least from her point of few, Melinda probably thinks how nice it would be to feel something again, other than pain and loneliness. Anyway that's completely off topic (well sort of) and so I'm going to get back on topic. Anyway Melinda feels like she has nothing left and I was comparing that to my friend's. Although not on the same levels they still have the same empty feeling and the same longing to belong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment