Monday, November 7, 2011

Speak Statement Blog

Statement #4 : Students should not tell teachers about their personal problems, no matter how serious.

This statement is a very debatable topic because many people feel differently. My opinion lies with the people who believe this statement to be true. Although it is quite possible my opinion lies all alone and separated from others. I believe this statement to the very end of the period, no ''buts or well if they do this'' 's. I think that teachers:

A) make things much worse
B) don't help things at all
C) don't really care
 * Wait for It * ........
D) all of the above

I honestly believe that they really don't care at all, that sounds meaner in writing, but I believe it to be true. I mean why would you care about an annoying, immature, obnoxious teenage child, that's not even yours? Why would they want to waste their time on a problem that will most likely solve itself? And if it won't go away, why not take care of it the old way and have a fighting match behind the building afterschool? If they actually do care, and actually attempt to solve the problem, 97% of the time they make it worse. If in the 3% of cases where they didn't make it worse 98% of those 3% don't help what so ever. So I give them credit for fixing a problem correctly about 0.00294% of the time. (Yes that is 98% of 3%) I don't mean to bash the teachers that actually care and do solve problems but this is my opinion of most of them.

2 comments:

  1. Well then, you don't really seem to think teachers are helpful at all. That's okay though, 'cause I'm the same way. I thought that your argument was very well written. Especially with the whole percent thing. I think that this sentence "I mean why would would you care about an annoying, immature, obnoxious teenage child, that's not even yours?" Really helped to make the point. If it was me I wouldn't care. Most teachers would just send you to conciling (i know I spelled that wrong), who then would do all this crap that wouldn't help and would just make everything worse. Though you are true there are some who do care. Over all I thought this was very well written, like everything else you write. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not agree with this persons opinion, although in someways I can see what she is talking about that teachers wouldn't want to listen to you problems but not all teachers are like that some are there to help and want to help you.
    The Part that was the most persuasive was "I mean why would you care about an annoying, immature, obnoxious teenage child, that's not even yours?" That made me think about your opinion a little more in depth.You had lots of descriptions and I thought this was very well written.

    ReplyDelete